As your business grows, your website needs to grow with it. If you’re still using a static website that hasn’t been updated in years, it might be time for a change. A well-designed website is an important investment for any business large or or small. Here are four basic reasons why:
1. First impressions matter
Your website is often the first point of contact between you and potential customers. Make sure you’re making a good impression by investing in a modern, professional-looking website. In general, good website design includes:
- A clear and easy to navigate layout
- High-quality visuals (e.g., images, videos, infographics)
- Concise and well-written content
2. Websites are essential for marketing
In today’s digital world, your website is one of the most important tools in your marketing arsenal. It’s where potential customers go to learn more about your business and what you have to offer. If your website is outdated or poorly designed, you’re missing out on a valuable opportunity to connect with leads and drive sales. Here are some basic marketing essentials a website should have:
- A clear and concise message that describes what your business does
- Prominent calls to action (e.g., “Sign up now,” “Learn more,” “Buy now”)
- A strong focus on your target audience’s needs and wants
- Integration with social media platforms
- Fast loading times
- A mobile-friendly design
If you want to take your website marketing to the next level, some important features to think about are:
- Integrating your Analytics platform
- SEO best practices such as keyword research, generating leads with forms and landing pages and setting up email marketing campaigns
- A/B testing, this is a testing method of comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better. Typically, one version is the original (control) and the other is a variation (treatment). A/B tests can be used to test anything on a web page, from the headline to the call-to-action button.
3. Good design builds trust
Customers are more likely to do business with a company they trust. A well-designed website helps build trust by conveying that you’re a professional, credible business. On the other hand, a poorly designed website can do just the opposite, making potential customers question your competence and turning them away. Some things to ask and look for from a web designer are:
- Be sure to check their portfolio
If they have a strong portfolio of other websites that they have designed and you like what you see then that is a good sign.
- Ask for referrals
If the designer has happy clients, they should be able to provide you with some names and contact information of people you can talk to.
- Get a clear understanding of the design process
A professional designer should be able to walk you through their process and what to expect at each step. This will help ensure that you’re on the same page and that there are no surprises.
4. Your website is a 24/7 salesperson
Your website is working for you even when you’re not. It’s always open, always available to answer questions and make sales.
Make sure your website is designed to do both of those things well. What essentials should a website have if it’s focused on e-commerce?
For a business focused on e-commerce your website should have easy ways to contact you, clear product descriptions and photos, and a user-friendly checkout process that has responsive web design so customers on a desktop and mobile can purchase from you.
For an non profit organization your website should have a clear and concise message, a strong focus on your target audience’s needs, fast loading times, and a mobile-friendly design.
Yes, also non-profit organizations can benefit from investing in a website!
Not-for-profit organizations can also benefit greatly from investing in a well-designed website. A good website helps these organizations to:
- Reach a wider audience with their message
- Increase donations and other forms of financial support
- Raise awareness of their cause or issue
In short, a well-designed website is an important asset for any organization, whether it is for-profit or not-for-profit. By investing in website design, you’re not only making a good impression and building trust with potential customers, you’re also setting yourself up for success by providing a positive customer experience.
Websites are a key part of the customer experience and your website is often the first and sometimes, only interaction customers have with your business. As such, it’s important to make sure you’re providing a positive customer experience.
Until next week, Happy Marketing!